Saturday 5 November 2011

Stats and Facts

Fact: I have been putting off writing this blog by cleaning my room even though I cleaned everything yesterday and the day before.

Opinion: I think my room appears cleaner than it did when I moved in and now smells very strongly of “multi-surface polish”.

Fact: The above statements have nothing to do with the rest of this blog.

So, after today’s blog-review-lecture-seminar (technical term), that I thought I was going to be late for after falling asleep again whilst listening to the Today programme, I have removed the “There’s just no reasoning with some people!” philosophy-rant. Sad times, I know, but there was much too much swearing and it made me look bad. Before it was tragically deleted, the blogger stats page said that it had received 43 views. Forty three! Silly as this sounds, I got very excited about this to the point I turned my music right up and started dancing round the room like the COMPLETELY NORMAL person that I am… Ahem.

Anyway, this shot of internet-induced endorphins turned into a bit of an addiction quite quickly. I looked through all the various breakdowns and haven’t actually closed the tab with this information in it since. What shocked me most, and provoked the response: “Russia!?” was the breakdown of my audience. Apparently, my blog has been viewed 6 times in Russia, 4 in Germany, 3 in Norway and even once in Egypt as well as a few other countries I wasn’t expecting. Look, see?

Mental! Fairly sure they must have accidentally stumbled upon my blog thinking it was someone else’s and then left again very quickly. If not, and you’re my new Russian/German/Norwegian/etc. friend, please leave a comment or follow me or something so I can say hi.

I’ve lost track of what I was trying to say again… Oh, yes! Statistic addiction! As you can see, I also downloaded and Alexa toolbar – yay, more stats!

Anyway, you’re probably bored now, so I’ll leave you with this: I have a couple of ideas for features, one based on my philosophy fight and another based on shorthand so stay tuned for those!
(Also, if anyone knows a philosophy discussion website or similar vaguely serious forums where I can pick a philosophy-related fight with someone, could you comment with a link below? Cheers!)

No comments:

Post a Comment