Friday 4 November 2011

A blog a Day...

… keeps my lecturers from commenting on older blog posts asking why I haven’t blogged in over two weeks. Or something like that, anyway. So, yes, this is my aim from now on, much like the whole apple thing to keep you healthy. Although, saying this, I have a very good immune system, so I could probably get away with having an apple every other day and still be fine. Maybe I should blog every other day. Mind you, I eat about 3 apples a day at least (slight addiction, not going to lie) so perhaps I should write that many blogs. I’ll try and stick to one a day… certainly 3 a week anyway. I really am sorry I’m not blogging as much as I should or want to; I’m finding it very hard to keep up with all the work, let alone understand it all. That and I’m very good at getting distracted.

Must try harder.

Anyway, moving away from the apologising and grovelling and self-pity, I need to review WINOL because I haven’t yet. I’m just going to say now that everything I write may be my personal opinion and as much as I might be critical (and I will be, mwahahaha!) I am not suggesting I can do it any better in any way, shape or form. However, when we did something similar a few years ago at ‘video club’, we did pretty damn well. Just saying.

I’m going to start by being annoyingly picky – I rather think the term “rebel” was over used in the first story. Sorry. I know you’re probably trying to emphasise the point that local MP Steve Brine went against the government’s stance on Europe but there have to be other phrases that give an equally powerful description of his actions; especially as Brine refutes this idea in the interview. Also, it was pointed out in the News Clinic today that, theoretically, Ed Miliband has an actionable case for libel where Steve Brine says that: “Ed Miliband had his own humiliations on a daily basis in this place.” Tut tut, WINOL team; tut tut. Though, I kind of just did the same thing… I’ll slap myself on the wrist once I’ve finished writing this. However, as he is a politician and is being attacked in terms of his profession, you can almost certainly get away with it.

I am going to continue to be infuriatingly fussy and mention the fact that there’s quite a lot of background noise in the interviews that were conducted outside. Now, I know this probably isn’t really your fault and I’m sure a lot of it is to do with the equipment you’re using, or things of that nature, but it is a little distracting at times. For me, anyway (I’m easily distra… oh, shiny!)

I also noticed a few issues with cues, but I’m sure they’ll get smoother with time a practice. I think I’ll leave it there; I could continue but I feel that, to be honest, it was generally good. Certainly better than last weeks. No offence.


Watch WINOL and see what you think at http://www.winol.co.uk/ (It'll be better next year when my class starts getting involved)

No comments:

Post a Comment